Today programmer is a highly demanded and well-paid job. Freelance websites and stocks are full of offers, but the clients prefer to deal with experienced specialists, able to solve the given tasks quickly. Of course, junior programmers can also get an offer, but they have to face high competition. If you are a newbie, you will have to face some difficulties at the beginning of your career.
Many programmers prefer to freelance, but not all of them know where to search for the offers. If you are looking for a freelance project, then this article will help you to understand where to start and what is important to keep in mind.
Choosing a programming language
It is important to understand that customers-programmers are looking for technologies and a lot of programmers already know them. It doesn’t make sense to learn a language if it will not be in demand in the future. It is very important to keep in mind how popular the chosen language is and what tasks it solves. But if you are a newbie, choose a language, which is easy to learn. This will help you to dive deeper into the programming process.
Today we can see many vacancies and offers on freelance websites with the requirements of the following languages:
What should be considered by the programmer while looking for a job
Don’t forget, that portfolio is a required thing and the attention is paid to it a lot. We can say that this is our business card, which will certainly be noticed. The employer always pays attention to the portfolio. Based on it, an employer makes an evaluation and decision whether you are capable of solving a particular task.
What if you don’t have experience and there is nothing to fill in your portfolio with? For example, you are going to design websites in the future. To fill in your portfolio you can simply create a task for yourself and solve it. Now you can state that you created a website for an online shop, applied certain technologies for it, and code. Don’t underestimate a portfolio, it can help you to get a project with a bigger budget.
If you have the experience, don’t forget to mention it. Experienced specialists don’t stay unnoticed. Customers are checking the user rating anyway. This is the reason why it is not an easy task for newcomers. Employers prefer to work with experienced freelancers with a high rating. To improve the rating newcomers should start with the low budget offers.
If you are going to work through the freelance stock and not directly with the employer, keep in mind the fee, which stock can charge from you. Also, it is necessary to find what are the withdrawal options of the money you will make.
Where to find a job for a programmer?
We would like to offer to review a resources list, which might be interesting for you. These are the websites, where a freelance programmer can find different projects:
- FL This is a place where every freelancer can find an interesting project, which corresponds with his level. Of course, top specialists which hold their positions tight, and have more offers than regular programmers. One of the biggest disadvantages of this website is that you have to pay quite a lot to leave a comment under the offer.
- Upwork. If you know English on a high level when this is an opportunity for you to make money on this website. Here you will face competition, but this is not a reason to place a high or a small bid. This may look suspicious for the customer. To get lucky and catch a good offer, fill in the profile information carefully, make a decent resume, write a motivation letter.
- pchel.net. This is a free stock, but you can purchase a Pro-account if you wish. Here you can find offers for both experienced and inexperienced specialists. This stock differs by its clear rating system. If you have any questions you will be able to contact tech support via online chat.
- GlobalFreelance Website will suit only entry-level specialists, as prices here ridiculously low.
- Freelancehunt It is important to keep in mind, that web-programming is not the main theme here. It doesn’t make sense to expect high budget offers here. It’s not necessary to upgrade your account on this service to get a job.
- 1clancer.ru. This stock is created exceptionally for 1C -programmers.
- Codeby.net. forum Any programmer, QA-specialist, web-developer will be able to find a job on this website.
- Free-lancers.net. Quite a good service. The website offers to use a safe deal feature. On the project page, you will get a chance to find out what kind of payment system customer is using.
- Fixber Here you can offer your QA services of websites and software.
- Workspace.ru and Kwork.ru
Good programmers are always highly valued. Freelance offers many opportunities for programmers. To avoid scammers, it is possible to use service functionality, for instance, ‘Safe deal’. It is crucial to check the review of the customer before accepting the project.